Camry LE 2000 hesitates

My Camry LE 2000 sometimes hesitates when I press on the accelerator. It happens only occasionally, several days or weeks apart, but it has been doing it over the past couple of years.

When the car is stopped and I step on the accelerator, sometimes it hesitates a second or two before engaging gears and moving. Sometimes the engine revs up a bit, then the gear kicks in and it's ok.

I believe this delayed-gear-kick-in has happened at high speeds as well.

It doesn't seem to be a mechanical problem that's getting worse. I have read of other people complaining about Camry hesitation. Do you have an idea of what this might be?

Reply to
Curious Fred

Without driving the car and experiencing what you are talking about first-hand, it is difficult to tell whether the hesitation is engine or transmission-related.

How many miles are on the car? What is the maintenance and repair history? Did you acquire the car new or used? I4 or V6 engine?

The hesitation that people have complained about in Camrys is in drive-by-wire vehicles with "intelligent" transmissions. I don't think your car is one of the affected ones.

Reply to
Ray O