2009 Camrys???

Can anyone explain why the 2009 Camry is out so early? There's been no design change that I can detect, but there they are.

Reply to
CamryMan98

That's called the marketing edge, since 2007.

Reply to
johngdole

had no idea Toyota would have to resort to such BS in a non-redesign year. Sounds like something Ford would do. I thought Toyota had higher standards, but I guess I was mistaken. I had heard that unsold Camry's were backing up the pipeline, but an early release to bump-up interest is Bush-League stuff.

Reply to
CamryMan98

They may be making them early so they can close the factory to retool for

2010.

Reply to
Art

The first model year of this generation is 2007 released in early/mid 2006. So, there's no major retooling....maybe a facelift, but nothing to prompt releasing a model year 6 months before October in mid-cycle. Must be marketing, getting the proverbial jump on everyone. A real minor-league ploy...

Reply to
CamryMan98

Uh oh. Looks like you might have to get a name change. How about FordGuy09? :-)

Reply to
dsi1

So why not call it 2010 Camry? Maybe a 2015 Camry in 2008.

Reply to
johngdole

Maybe they are going to make a bunch of 2010's early so they can retool for

2011...

Reply to
Art

Reply to
CamryMan98

Yeah, the old Detroits were pretty bad. That's why all three are under new management. IMO only GM's redesigned products are worth consideration. Ford is really anemic -- you basically get rebadged Mazdas and Volvos. But even Toyota is moving back to cheap tin cans again.

I'll let GM refine the Malibu for a while and get one with the new 6T series Hydramatic transmission. Don't like the audio controls, GM should make designers use iPods and iPhones.

Reply to
johngdole