89 camry no spark, what next?

Hi

Have an 89 Camry and a 90 model I use as a parts car( same engine etc, runs but bad transmission)

Last week 89 died suddenly after starting when backing up. Engine turned but no spark. Checked and found oil in distributor. Have swapped all engine fuses, distributor and coil and igniter from running engine to this model and still not getting a spark.

What have I overlooked, or where should I look next? Could the timing belt have broken(alternator is turning)

Any advice appreciated. Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Antoniak

Camry coils are a known issue, how do you know the other one is good.

Reply to
m Ransley