91 Camry V6 Ignition Wires

What is the TOYOTA recommended (if any) schedule for replacement of the spark plug wires, the rotor, and the capacitor?

Dealership wanted to replace plug wires, rotor, and capcitor on my V6, which now has 60,492 miles.

The NYState emissions test was not passed on FRIday. Replacement of the original spark plugs and PCV, and the air filter was done yesterday. The CO went from 51.75gpm to 0.2; the HC went from 1.44 gpm to 0.03; the NOx went from 0.13gpm to 0.81.

Thoughts ?

Reply to
Vince

Sounds like that's what you needed. 60K is low mileage for a '91, so age was probably a factor also. The official Toyota recommendation, according to the factory service manual lists no time or mileage but recommends checking wire resistance not to exceed 25K ohms. Since my timing belt and spark plug replacement interval is 60K miles, just decided to do everything then, although some people have gone far longer with no adverse effects.

Reply to
Daniel

Dist. cap, rotor, wires. Since they maybe original. Clean out throttle body. Clean out egr valve, pipe going to egr valve.

Reply to
jjjsan