93 Camry Door Lock problem

My camry door locks behave randomly, when the car stops and I try to open the door, the lock will lock and unlock. Also some times it violently locks/unlocks automatically making a terrible sound.(at a frequency of 2-3 lock/unlocks per sec.)

There is a old alarm system in the car, it was there when I bought it used. I don't know if it is the alarm system's problem or Camry's problem.

Does anybody have similar problem, or where should I take it to fix it?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul

Reply to
rahulya

Sounds like a problem with the wires shorting where they flex at the door hinge.

Reply to
Daniel

Actually, it happens only when the passanger side door is closed. So I think I should check those wires at the passanger side.

Thanks for your response.

Daniel wrote:

Reply to
rahulya