94 camry cv joint PROBLEM!!

I'm using a haynes manual to replace the passenger side transaxle/cv joint. I have taken the shaft out of the hub. Now haynes tells me that I have to remove the intermediate shaft between the joints and the actual transmission. The PROBLEM is the intermediate shaft won't come out of the transmission. I have removed the retaining clamp and the retaining nut out of the outer the support casing that is right next to the inner cv joint. Haynes says to just "grip and pull out" But it won't even budge. Now what should I do? Thanks for any help you can give me. Jason

Reply to
bigj1977

Pry bar. There is only a spring steel retaining ring that you must overcome by simply pulling/prying hard just like the book says. Look at a new half shaft assembly. You'll see the snap ring groove in the splined shaft.

Reply to
Philip