93 Camry motor moounts

Having trouble with front motor mounts (behind radiator) on 4 cylinder with

172k miles. Top bolts broke in two, think I can drill them out and re-tap. Threaded portions of cast iron bosses broke away from block on two bottom two bolts.

Anyone else have these problems? If so, what was the fix? Can I weld the broken bosses back to the block or should I simply have nuts welded on? Car has never been in an accident. Thanks in advance. F

Reply to
Fireant

with

re-tap.

Car

Sounds like a job for a welder. To break pieces off the crankcase probably meant the other mounts were not doing their job too well either causing undo load on the mount at the front.

I'd make sure the other mounts are in good condition,..then get some nuts which will act as the threaded-hole,..then get them welded in place. Some angle grinding of the casting will be needed to get them to sit square,..but a good welder will handle that.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James