93 Camry w/4 cyl power steering belt adjustment

Hi all, I have a 93 Camry with 2.2L 4 banger, and the power steering belt has just been replaced.....minutes ago. I can't seem to get the thing tight tho, on most cars you can find a socket hole to put a ratchet into for leverage, or at least a spot to pry on to get the belt tensioned while you tighten the retaining bolt. I can't seem to find a spot to pry on either thru the wheel well, or from above......I have the belt almost tight enough, but not quite. It squeals a bit at startup, and the wife will not have that, so.....any ideas? Thanks in advance, Ed

Reply to
Ed White

tight

enough,

that,

Reply to
Ed White

If you used an aftermarket belt or an OE replacement belt you will have this problem. The design of the orginal toyota belt is different, if you have the old belt see the inside of the belt, you might see the difference.

If you did purchase a belt from a toyota dealer, than the problem is that you are trying to steer the steering to the max or complete stop during turning (usualy happens in a parking lot etc. Do not steer it to the end.

Reply to
kdv