94 Camry LE; 4cyl; How to replace Hood Lifts

Hi,

My 1994 camry Hood lifts went bad. I bougth pair of hood lifts in ebay..

Appreciate any help/pointers/suggestions/precautions to replace hood lifts.

Regards, Rama

Reply to
Ramakrishna Devisetti

I assume that they are not factory if you got them on Ebay, I may be wrong. I bought a pair of aftermarket hood lifts for a '94 Camry and they attached to the car, (bottom part), with push-on clips that came loose easily. Make sure that the lifts are very securely mounted, that hood is heavy and could do some serious damage to a person.

I ended up using my own bolts with lock-nuts to secure the lifts that I bought. They have been holding up for about 2 years now with no problems. Factory is almost always better, but there was a huge price difference and the factory ones only lasted about 5 or 6 years anyway.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Where / how much did u pay for the lifts?

Napa wants $30 each, Autozone: $26 ea,

$45 each.

I've been using a small block of wood (about 5 inches wide x 3/4 inch thick x 1 ft long), rescued from the fireplace, to secure my hood just behind my shot lifts. (The wood stays in the trunk, just in case.) Maybe it's time to replace em...

Reply to
onehappymadman

I got them at Vans Auto. They were just under $23.00 each, iirc, but they may have gone up in price in the last 2 years.

I got to used to using a pole to hold the hood open, but it is so nice to pop that latch and watch the hood rise up on its own with just a tiny lift to get it started.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I got these for $26.95 per pair and shipping is $9.00.. I will provide my feedback after I install..

So far I am using wardrobe poll (3/4" Dia). Thought of replacing..

Thanks for the comments.

-Rama

Reply to
Ramakrishna Devisetti

Was it by seller "abcmarts"? Similar to auction # 8054074514 ?

Let us know how they work out...

Reply to
onehappymadman