How to change 94 camry Inside Door handle

Hi,

My 1994 Camry (4cyl) Inside door handles are broken (front Driver and Front passenger). Recently I changed Window regulators for these windows opening door panels.

Are there any special tools required or any special precautions to be followed to replace inside door handles like - Rivetts, - Electric connections etc..

Any web pointers showing to replace the door handles.

Thanks, Rama

Reply to
Ramakrishna Devisetti

Just FYI.. I ordered parts in ebay for 4 door hanlds for $60 (free shipping).

Appreciate any information on how to replace the inside door handles.

Thanks, Rama

Reply to
Ramakrishna Devisetti

Rama, I just asked about replacing the exterior door handle on the same year Camry a couple of days ago. One very helpful person posted a link that shows an expanded diagram of the entire door and the related parts.

I am going to replace it this weekend. If you have done the window regulators, you probably won't have any trouble with this. I am still going to get a manual if it gets tricky, but I think that the printout of the diagram will be all that I need.

Good luck!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Hope this helps.

> Hi,

Ramakrishna Devisetti

I replaced the Inside door handles...Completed each one in 30 to 45 mts.

Once you open the door panel, its pretty easy..

  1. Remove the 3 screws/nuts holding handle and door
  2. Remove rods from the grooves of the plastic clips that are the in door handle piece. Don't panic, if the tabs are broken, replacement handle will have these plastic clips too.
3.These plastic tabs are in "---!" shape.
  1. First remove the rod from horizontal side, Rod will come off from the plastic tabs.
  2. Then push the tab from top of vertical one.

  1. Insert the rod into the new plastic tabs First vertical and then horizontal

  2. Re-attach the door panel.

Thanks, Rama

Ramakrishna Devisetti