94 V6 check engine light

Question,, just had transmission serviced, ck engine lite was on & the OD lite would sometimes flash. They claimed it was a transmission code, changed a solenoid in trans. and flushed fuid. Now they tell me the ck engine has a 04-01 code,, something to do with EGR air flow?? Maybe someone bumped a wire loose,, you think? It does have

180,000 miles on it,, but here in the Pacific North West that just means it's broken in.
Reply to
Joe Dickinson

I had mine code PO401, I have 177000 miles, I changed the EGR Modulator cost $76 ( better than EGR Valve) it won't take to long to do it (5 minute job), then reset the code by pulling EFI fuse, No more check engine light.

Reply to
skosasih