97 Camry Throttle

On my 97 Camry LE, I have a problem where if I engage cruise control and disengage it, the gas pedal will stick,a nd I have to jam my foot onto the pedal inorder to accelerate. It is no happening even at stop lights when I stop, I have to jam the gas pedal, and the car surges. Any idea what is goin on and how to fix this?

Reply to
<robierre

Try cleaning the throttle body.

Search Google Groups - Camry for "throttle body clean"

Fairly common - inexpensive and relatively simple.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus