'97 Camry Timing Belt & Water Pump Replacement - When? Cost?

5S-FE engine - this a non-interference type? Belt and pump replaced together? When recommended? 4 hours for both sound right? Thanks. Ric
Reply to
Ric Erickson

Yeah, the 5S is a non-interference engine.

I think conventional wisdom is to replace water pump when doing the timing belt because the watert pump is off, though I've heard some people say they replace the water pump every other time, not every time.

Manual recommends replacing timing belt every 60,000, but again, others wait 100,000.

Reply to
Hopkins

60,000 miles = 100,000 kilometers ;^) Timing belt in our Camry '92 was replaced every 100,000 kilometers, at 300,000km the water pump was replaced as well. Probably we should have replaced the water pump at 200,000km to be on the safe side...

Luc K

Reply to
Luc Kumps

Reply to