'97 Camry Timing Belt & Water Pump Replacement - When? Cost?

5S-FE engine - this a non-interference type? Belt and pump replaced together? When recommended? 4 hours for both sound right? Thanks. Ric

Yeah, the 5S is a non-interference engine.
I think conventional wisdom is to replace water pump when doing the timing belt because the watert pump is off, though I've heard some people say they replace the water pump every other time, not every time.
Manual recommends replacing timing belt every 60,000, but again, others wait 100,000.
Hopkins wrote:

60,000 miles = 100,000 kilometers ;^) Timing belt in our Camry '92 was replaced every 100,000 kilometers, at 300,000km the water pump was replaced as well. Probably we should have replaced the water pump at 200,000km to be on the safe side...
Luc K

others wait 100,000.<<
To be clear, that should read "60,000 miles" and 100,000 miles".