'99 Camry, 115K miles, does not start on first attempt

Hello all,

My '99 Camry with 115,000 miles is doing this for the first time in its life - DOES NOT START on first attempt. It appears to start and then dies immediately. The second attempt will fire it right up and then no problem in driving at all. I have never seen this behaviour even in peak Northeast winters, it used to start very first click. The original battery is replaced after 7 years of service, a year ago with new DIEHARD GOLD from sears.

Before I go to dealer and unload my wallet, I want to know what can I check/repair myself. The spark plugs are new, I replaced them about 2 months ago. I can try cleaning throttle body, put some injector cleaner in gas tank etc.

TIA.

Reply to
vktechmails