Engine does not start (99' Maxima)

I am trying to start my 99' Maxima and the engine does not fire up. It cranks up when I turn the key but the engine does not turn on. What are the potential issues? It was even fine this morning when I drove to work.

Even though my headlight turns on and everything seems to be OK with the battery do you guys think that the battery may not have enough power? I'm planning to try to jump start it later today. Would appreciate replies as I want to narrow down the cause!!

99'Nissan Maxima 93K miles Battery & starter changed at 65K (June '05)

survesh2000

Update: I hear a ticking sound (4-5 times) just after the engine has stopped cranking. I dont know if it is from the belt or something else.

survesh2000

RESOLVED: see this post for the issue I had

My original post a week ago is at:

Just like the original poster I have a '99 Maxima with 93K miles and I don't think I ever used a incorrect key.

Even after 2 days at the local repair shop the guy couldn't figure out what was preventing my car to start. He said it could be an electrical issue or the computer unit failed. Finally towed it to my Nissan dealer who found that I had the same problem as this original post. He said that he came across 5 other codes as well during the diagnostic. I was taken aback when the dealer told me that the 'code' was cleared and that they wouldn't recommend changing the ECM or the IMMU. Told me to keep driving my car as usual and come back if the Service Engine Light came on. I never had the SEL on in the first place when the problem occurred.

I do remember that the first time the car did start but died immediately and wouldn't start after 3 attempts.

wouldn't start it implies that the problem is in the IMMU?? Am I right??

The dealer also told me NOT to use the spare key. Should I take it to the dealer to reprogram it as well?

Wish I had checked this post in the first place. NissanTech you are awesome.

99 Maxima 93K miles, Dallas, TX

Reply to
survesh2000