AC vents won't stay put

Hi,

Can anyone offer any suggestions on a remedy for keeping the AC vents in my 2000 Camry in place? They have lost their friction and do not stay put in an 'intermediate' position; they want to roll all they way to the 'bottom' or 'top', to rest against the mechanism holding them in the dash. They obviously need to be tightened but even the most automotive savvy friends of mine have said that gaining entry into the dash to accomplish this is no small beans worth of work.

Thanks for any feedback!

Heather

Reply to
Heather

Is the car still in warranty (36 months/36K miles)? Even if it is not, take it to a dealer and sweet talk the service manager and ask him if he has any idea what the problem is, and whether it can be easily fixed.

Reply to
Mark A

We tried the dealer "fix" and it didn't work worth a darn.

Then I took a piece of velcro with adheasive >> Hi,

Reply to
Richard Duane

Reply to
Jack