Back-up lights on 1991 camry

We checked all the wireing around trunk hinge, then cut the wire mid-way by the door and shot a hot wire from the battery and the lights lit up. So the problem seems to be somewhere from the engine to that point at the door were we cut it. Does anyon think it might be the Neutral Safety Switch? The Chiltons book says it controls the back up lights.

Reply to
tinalarry