1991 toyota camry back-up lights

We just bought a 1991 toyota camry for our daughter and we can`t get the back-up light to work, we have looked at the wires and we have voltage at the light socket on bolth sides but the lights will not light up and yes they are the right lights for the car. Please help.

Reply to
tinalarry

Check the wiring at the trunk hinge. Flexing can cause an intermittent problem - might only occur with the trunk closed. Move the wiring harness and see if you can isolate the area, then repair it.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus