Battery

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where I can find out (or if you already know) info on what particular stats on a battery I need for a Toyota Camry V6

1999. I mean, are there only certain types of battery's I can get (compatibility) or those that are powerful enough (min cranking amps etc.)?. Thanks!

-V

Reply to
Ag '08

I think it was "Ag '08" who stated:

Any place that sells car batteries has a book with all the information you're requesting. Put in the particulars of the car and it will show you which battery to put in it.

If you're asking which BRAND of battery, that's a different kettle o' fish!

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

All current automotive batteries (except for hybrid cars) are 12 volt lead-acid type. They are all essentially the same, but their volume is proportional to their instantaneous power. Your IP address indicates that you are in Missouri, where it gets pretty cold in the winter. You should be looking for the battery that gives you the most so-called cold-cranking amps (given as CCA on data sheets) and physically fits in your battery bay. Like the previous poster said, most battery manufacturers will have a lookup table where you can find which battery will fit.

Reply to
Nobody Important

Hee. I just checked the actual weather data for St. Louis, and it looks like it doesn't get cold at all by my Canadian standards. I think just about any battery will be fine for you. :-)

Reply to
Nobody Important

Thanks for the replies everyone. My ip address is decieving though, I'm actually in Texas so I don't need to worry about CCA's much. These are the specs of the battery I am looking to buy (Everstart):

12 volt battery Cranking amps at 32 grades 680 Cold cranking amps 550

Barr> Nobody Important wrote:

Reply to
Ag '08

I think it was "Ag '08" who stated:

In Tejas?

If it fits, it's good.

Reply to
Don Fearn

I did a lot of research on this for my 98 Camry V6, and the only preminum battery that I could find that was exact fit is the GOLD-DURALAST 24F-DLG Battery at Autozone. Other brands that fit the Camry are either standard batteries (about 600 CGA), or are smaller than the 24F that fits the Camry. Be careful, because not all 24F's have the terminals on the correct side for the Camry, but the GOLD-DURALAST 24F-DLG does have the correct orientation.

They will install it for free in the parking lot of the store.

Reply to
Mark A

There is a size (physical) like 24 and then you need to get +/- terminals on correct side or cables will be too short. An some cars take a top or a side connection (although some batteries have both now).

Reply to
Wolfgang

Why don't they make short (1') cables to adapt right hand batteries for left hand use and vice versa?

Reply to
Father Guido