Battery advice

Hi all,

Checking the battery in my Series 3 88 inch and it looks to be getting old. I have a spare battery that is 2 month old out of my old Diesel Cavalier. The battery in the series 3 is a 578 Cranking amps one in the old Cavalier is 650 Cranking Amps, can I put the 650 amps one in the Landie?

Will it damage anything?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

No, it should be OK. Cranking amps is only half the story though - what is the capacity of the battery? If it's used to starting a diesel engine then I'd imagine it would be fine in a petrol Land Rover.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs