Best way to dispose of old Camry?

I've got a 1988 Camry that is just sitting in the driveway unused. It has too many repairs to get it safetied and ready for sale, so I can't really sell it on the open market due to regulations. What's the most profitable way (that won't take more than 30 minutes of time) to get rid of this old car?

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Bagnall

Where are you located?

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?

Joe

Yellow pages lists many salvage yards that will pay "top dollars" for your otherwise unusable car. Or charitable organizations will take them and give you a tax write-off opportunity.

Reply to
johngdole

Where are you located, and what's wrong with it?

If you're in New England or nearby, I'd have a look at it. I'm always looking for servicable 'beaters'.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I had a similar problem with my old nissan sentra 1994. I was offered about $190 for that car if I deliver it to a junkjard or I could get $90-$140 depending on which towing company could get it to the same junkyard.

If your car has very rusted panels (perforated) than you are looking at a relatively less than that, maybe $140-$160 at the junkyard...

Another option is to try to disassemble it and sell some parts @ eBay. Of course you need to know which parts are from still working systems. But this is your own car, so this should not be a big problem... This way you could probably collect much more, maybe couple of hundreds

- over much longer time but you will still end up with bare carcass to be disposed... :-)

Reply to
Pszemol

If the junk yards still take the carcass, it's not a bad ideas. But if they don't, then you are in big trouble.

Reply to
ZR

That is why he should check this first with a nearest junkyard and make agreement with the owner.

Reply to
Pszemol

You can try budweiser, I heard those guys are recycling cars as bottle caps : )

Reply to
EdV