best time to buy?

Does Toyota have incentives like low interest finance or something at certain times of year? thx

Reply to
trs80

Edumds and other sites may list current incentives for vehicle you are interested in. And if you call up Toyota they may tell you over the phone.

Otherwise end of month is best time to buy. In rain. And after you make your final deal, tell them you are not feeling well and have to go home and will sign papers tomorrow. They will probably give you a few humdred more off to make you feel better. Finally don't screw up in the finance office. That is where people make the worse deals on financing, extras and warranties.

Reply to
Art

I have heard that a few days before New Years Day (assuming you take delivery by 12/31) is a good time.

Reply to
Mark A

what is Toyota asking to get for the extended warranty they push at you when signing the papers?

Reply to
trs80

The dealer can ask anything they want, just like for the car. You can buy a Toyota extended warranty cheaper on the internet.

The price of the extended warranty depends on the exact terms.

If you foolish enough to buy an extended warranty, make sure it a Toyota warranty (good at any dealer) and not a dealer warranty.

Reply to
Mark A

Reply to
trs80

Who says? What if you bought the Toyota extended warranty out of state (at dealer where car was purchased) and you moved to California? I think your dealer is lying if they tell you that.

Reply to
Mark A

Reply to
trs80

Are you sure that you are talking about a Toyota Factory warranty extension? It may be that California has some special laws, but you can call Toyota.com at 1-877-267-0225 and ask them. These people are a regular authorized Toyota new car dealer (Toyota of Iowa City, Iowa) who sells the warranties and other parts on-line.

Mark A

Here is what I found. I tried 4 online places and all were rejected. At least this one place gave a good reason see below. A friggin legal scam!!!!

Reply to
trs80

Actually, you are far better off without the warranty. Spend the money on synthetic oil with a quality filter, frequent transmission fluid changes by the dealer, and frequent radiator fluid changes by the dealer, and you will way ahead of the game.

Reply to
Mark A

Extended warranties for Camrys ARE a scam. They are NOT needed.

Reply to
sharx35

Precisely what my private mechanic told me (he used to work at a Toyota dealer).

Reply to
sharx35

"Art" scribblednews:m3_bh.5668$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Actually, as long time car salesman, you're wrong. Any time is a good time to buy.

People seem to think there is this magical ability to sell cars below cost, that dealers have to "get rid of them" or "to sell them below invoice" or some other such silly ignorant shit.

No one sells anything below cost, except as a loss leader, or to drive others out of business, which number 1, is what big volume/low cost retailers can afford and number 2, is illegal.

A Toyota Camry cost the same in New York as it does in Canada as it does in Texas. And no one is going to sell it for less than what they paid for it, no matter if it's a full moon, it's raining or a purple dog barked loudly the night before and a train wrecked across the street and 13 bleeding Jesuses came out of the wreck proclaiming "it's a once in a life time sale day on Camrys! Owner has brain damage and is selling below invoice!".

Notice they say, below invoice, not "below cost". That would be illegal, and the modern "invoice" is nothing but a pile of silly sales shit.

Tere is no magical price, no easy way to get a good price. Like all things in life that are not regulated, dumbed down, subsidized and given away from free by taxing the shit out of hard working productive citizens by liberals and democrats,you have to WORK and be SMART. You have to be EDJUCATED. ( I know! lol, anathema words to a liberal or a moron!)

All the things that liberals, morons and mooing mongloids lack. Hence, the great appeal of locating a dealership in a minority or liberal area of town....check your maps. See if I'm wrong.

Now, class, lets l "Blow out sale, end of year, must get rid of these piece of shit old 2007s or the new 2008 cars. All 07s below invoice, must great rid of them to make room!".

Q: Is this true, false or are you a stupid ignorant moron who can't read the above preceeding explanation?

Reply to
Krankypussy