Bleed 02 Camry Brake (with ABS)

This evening as I drove my wife's 02 Camry, I felt that the brake seemed gotten more spongy. I guess it's time to bleed it, since it's never been done. I have bled non ABS before, but not with ABS. Are the jobs different? Any special scanner or some special device needed for the job with ABS ?

TIA

Reply to
guanjohn94

The last thing I would think is air is in the system, or something bigger is wrong, you just need new brakes.

Reply to
ransley

For over a decade now Toyota (Camry) has been using Bosch ABS version

5.x. Not sure if Toyota shelled out the money for the Bosch ABS 8 systems. Even if Toytoa says no need, Larry Carley of Brake and Front End says otherwise:

"If the ABS lamp is > This evening as I drove my wife's 02 Camry, I felt that the brake

Reply to
johngdole