Body - Creak/Snap or Rattle Camry 2002

Model: Camry LE 2002 Japanese manufacture

Took my Camry back to dealer after getting 2 TSB's from other kind newsgroup persons. Dealer did really try hard to get rid of creaks, snaps or rattles coming from the windshield area. What they did was:

  1. removed the winshield locator tabs (TSB for Japanese made).
  2. lubricated contact points under front cowl (TSB for North American made).
  3. air blasted and used a special lube(0.00 -2 ounces per bottle) from a glass shop around the windshield (external).
  4. applied felt tape to A-pillar trim and speaker grills.

I think the the creaks, snaps or rattles are coming from the plastic moulding (lip) that acts as a water seal along the bottom of the windshield (external).

These noises happen only when the temperature is below freezing. The colder it gets, the more the noise. Non-existent in the summer weather.

Any further suggestions are appreciated. My bet is that someone in one these two newsgroups will solve the problem before Toyota Japan does as they don't experience the cold and extreme changes in weather as we do here in Canada and US.

Thanks T

Reply to
Terry

I have the '03 Camry with the same problem. If you find a fix let us know.

Thanks

-- Tony Marsillo Nutmeg Repair

Reply to
Tony Marsillo