Car-top luggage carrier for 99 Camry LE ??

Hi ---

I'm looking for some sort of cartop luggage carrier to go on my 99 Camry LE. Obviously there's no existing roof rack, and I really don't want to install one for such an occasional use. The closest I've come so far seems to be some sort of bag or fabric container which fastens with 4 straps to "clips" which attach to the molding above each door frame.

We'll be travelling quite a distance for the holidays, with 4 people in the car (e.g., no room for bags, etc. in the back seat), and I'd like some additional cargo capacity beyond what is available in the trunk.

Any experiences, suggestions, insights, where-to-buy, etc. for this ? I've tried the usual sources (to me, anyhow) but no luck.

Thanks in advance very much !

Reply to
Larry King

Yakima and Thule both make roof racks that fit your car and are safe and secure. The bag with clips to door frame is NOT! You can buy what pieces you need and add on later --- bike, skis, kayak, canoe. try

or
then find you vehicle for pieces you will need. The bag can be secured to these roof racks. They have locks and can quickly be removed.

Reply to
Wolfgang