Caliper problems on '92 Camry LE

I have a 6 cyl '92 Camry LE that I keep having caliper problems with. My mechanic claims it is just a bad design flaw , that the slides are known to stick and they have to free them up a lot. I've got 225,000 on the car and have had all the calipers replaced in the within the last 50,000 miles or so, yet i still have problems with sticking ones. Just had the left rear replaced again, after 20,000 miles. Went through a set of rear pads in about 10,000 miles (right side ones weren't that bad).

Is this a design flaw? Or is it shoddy rebuilt calipers from aftermarket manufacturers? Or are the mechanics doing something wrong when installing?

Thanks, Idler

Reply to
Idler

installing?

Has the master-cylinder been checked over? especially for high residual line pressure? This causes brake drag which you maynot notice but will cause excessive pad wear.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James