Camry '98: Refrigerant recharge in Canada (Ontario Province)

After doing some research in the internet, I was motivated to recharge the AC system of Camry (1998) with R134a refrigerant. But today, I just learned that (from Canadian Tire Auto Shop), Canada doesn't allow handling R134a refrigerant without proper license to protect Ozone layer depletion. Even though it is permitted in the USA.

The recharging kit including leak repair is sold off the shelf in the USA (maker:

But in Canada, I have to pay VERYhigh cost for fixing leak and recharging the AC system through adealer.

Did any body knows how to bypass those auto garage high cost just to fill in the R134a refrigerant into my AC system in Ontario, Canada ?

Reply to
jamilur_rahman

The easy answer is to drive to the states and fix your car [or take it home with you].

If you're looking to have it sent to you in Canada, you're on your own.

Reply to
Hopkins

Hi, I was in a Partsource store in London, Ontario today...they have a DIY refill kit, compatible with all refrigerants, and legal for DIY use, this is because it contains no ozone depleting chemicals.

Might be worth checking it out.

Reply to
Joey116

There is no known refrigerant that is compatible with all others. You risk mixing stuff in a system that a shop may not touch or could damage there expensive machines.

Reply to
Steve H