Camry driver leg length - getting shorter?

I'm 6'3" - so fitting into my 1989 Camry is a little snug. Recently I began looking for a newer vehicle and found the newer Camry and Avalon seemed to have less leg room (for the driver leg length). At first I thought it was the newer seats having firmer foam - but then I pulled out the vehicle specifications from Consumers Reports.

My 1989 Camry is listed as having 42.5" driver's leg length.

The 2003 Camry is listed as having 40.5"!!!

This makes no sense to me - as since 1989 they have made the car longer, wider and taller.

Anyone else notice this?

Very interesting, that certainly now makes it certain that I won't be replacing my 1998 mediocre camry with another camry.

Reply to
Regular Guy