CAMRY Spark Plugs ?

I have just been to buy some replacement plugs from my Main Toyota Dealer .

My CAMRY is a 1995 5S-FE 2.2 litre.

Plugs specified in the handbook I got with the car when I purchased it new were NIPPONDENSO K20R-U11

When the spares guy brought out the new set of plugs for me the number on the boxes are

W20EXR-U.

I mentions that this was not the number quoted in the handbook. But he replies he was THE TOYOTA spares man.

And I had been give the right Toyota Part Number for the car. I made comment on "I usually get the other ones "was met with if it does not run right or idels bad just bring them back. LOL.

I have just been trying to check up on Nippon Web site.

This 20 in the number appears to be the set gap = 2mm

The 11 of the other plug set at is 1.1mm..

Have I got the wrong plugs. supplied. ?

In passing a set of 4 here is £14.85 GB£

USA $ = Circa $27 How does prices compare.

Tks

Johnny UK

Reply to
JM

========================== These are my notes from a 1994 4 cylinder couple years ago, and I'm quite certain this Toyota dealer supplied the correct part.

Quantity - 4 : - Spark Plug Part number 90919-01178-83 Price each/ all (USD): 6.12/24.48

Reply to
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Well I rang around another 2 Toyota Dealers in the UK. Both confirmed I had been supplied with ther wrong plugs.

The part number T90919-01184 was correct for my year 1995. The invoice I received was T9-919-01184

But the Pn on the plgs boxes was T90919-01084.

I went back to the Supplying Toyota dealer this noon.

And WOW...he had just got new stock this morning of the right ones. That was so convenient.

I think he just wanted rid of this older lot, Where there boxes had all been openned at some time. And to much cello tape on them for my liking.

So I am all fixed up now. I was suprised there was only you that answered

Thanks for taking the time.

Cheers Johnny UK.

Reply to
JM

Next time consider NGK. Toyota specifies either NGK or Denso (NipponDenso, now just plain Denso). I don't care much for Denso spark plugs. And if you pay similar amounts then why not specify NGKs. They are better plugs.

I prefer the NGK iridium plugs (the Laser Iridium is even better, with a platinum ground pad and a thicker center electrode Toyota uses it for

120K-mile). The following stock numbers are US.

There are a lot of choices in different price ranges. The laser Iridium (IFR6T11, USD$7.64 online) is now the standard 120K-mile plug, for about USD$2 more than the stock Iridium IX (BKR6EIX-11, USD$6.58). If you want cheaper plugs, G-Power Platinum is a good performance plug (about USD$2.42).

These are the plugs listed in the NGK catalog for the US/non-california application.

1995 TOYOTA CAMRY LE 2.2 L4 5S-FE FI DOHC; Wires - Non-Califor Spark Plug Part No. Stock No. Plug Gap Standard BKR6ES-11 5553 0.044 V-Power BKR6E-11 2756 0.044 G-Power Platinum BKR6EGP 7092 0.044 Laser Platinum BKR6EP-11 2978 0.044 OE Laser Iridium IFR6T11 ^ 4589 0.044 Iridium IX BKR6EIX-11 3764 0.044

JM wrote:

Reply to
johngdole