can't shut seat best buzzer in 89 Camry

Hi,

Anyone help with this.

I've got an 89 Camry. About two weeks ago the automatic seatbelt stopped working. Now a high pitch version of the seat belt warning tone sounds al the time, whether or not the car is running. Have to pull cables off battery to get it to stop, soon as I connect them it stats up again.

I've tried plugging/unplugging all fuses, and disconnecting wire clip under driver's seat but nothing has helped identify the source.

Have I looked in the wrong places?

How can I stop this tone, without dismantling the entire dashboard?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Antoniak

Most of these buzzers/warnings are up under the kick panels, usually on the passenger's side. Open the glove box (or stick your head up under the dash on the pass side) and see if it is coming from there. Other locations include under the console, where the seat belt controller *may* be mounted. If it's integral to the controller... :(...

I don't really think you want to disconnect the controller...

Reply to
HachiRoku