Check Engine Light and 99 Toyota Camry Technical Service Bulletin EG013-02

I have a 99 Camry and now run into this infamous Check Engine Light problem. A mechanic told me that I needed to replace the Charcoal Canister. I'm considering to do this by myself. I checked

andapparently Toyota has issued a TSB for this issue in JUL 02. The thing is thatI'm going to sell this Camry to buy a Sienna very soon and don't want to spend money subscribing to AllData's service for this car. Could anybody please post this TSB if you happen to have access to this TSB?

-Anqing

Reply to
Anqing

Charcoal cannister was replaced on my 99 when I bought the car used and the light still comes on. Got a new gas cap as well. The light goes on and off at no particular interval.

and> apparently Toyota has issued a TSB for this issue in JUL 02. The thing isthat I'm

Reply to
sarusk

You may not need a new canister. Have the code cleared. Then follow these rules for the gas station:

  1. Turn off the ignition before taking off the gas cap.
  2. NEVER top off the tank when you fill it up. When the pump stops, it's done.
  3. Make sure the gas cap clicks when you tighten it.
  4. Now start the car.

If the light stays off, you don't need a new canister.

and> apparently Toyota has issued a TSB for this issue in JUL 02. The thing isthat I'm

Reply to
Alan