Dealing on my first Toyota

I have always been concerned that extended warranties were a waste of money. The only one I have ever gotten was on my 2000 Forrester and I did lose some money on that.

Since I have about a year before I will use up the 36,000 mile regular warranty and almost two years before I use up the 60,000 mile drive train warranty, I am thinking about starting a car repair savings account.

Thanks, David

Reply to
Dyhibb

That's what I was thinking was probably the case. I used to drive Fords all the time and I got damn tired of the air conditioning going out at about 60,000 miles. I drove my Subaru 171,000 miles but I would never try to get that much out of one of the Fords I owned.

Thanks, David

Reply to
Dyhibb

Just like anything else, you can dicker.

I sell the extended warranty for half of what other dealers do and I still pocket over $100!

(SHHHHHH...Dealer secret!)

Reply to
HachiRoku

OK, Shameless sales pitch here:

I don't believe you have to buy the *car* from me to buy the warranty from me! Ask the dealer how much for the warranty, and I'll see if I can beat the price (I bet I can). Since I already let the cat out of the bag, I'll even cut my commission and save you a little more.

Reply to
HachiRoku