Fuel

Hi gents,

I'm thinking of buying a Toyota Camry 2.2. Can anyone tell me how much fuel it consumes per kilometer? TIA.

Reply to
Henri

Sorry, forgot to say it will be one from approx. 1997-1999.

Reply to
Henri

My 1999 Camry 2.2l consumes almost exactly 0.1 litre per kilometre for my particular mix of highway/city, based on the last 19 fillups. (10 l/100 km)

Reply to
Nobody Important

It should be good on gas. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I did

6,8L/100kms (735 kms and 50 liters of gas) during a recent trip. 3 persons and luggage aboard, average speed of 110 kms/hr. Car has 285,000 kms on the clock and runs on synthetic oil. It's a 1993 Camry though so, 2,2 cyl so, maybe it won't help you much.
Reply to
Bassplayer12

My 2.2 97 Camry goes approximately 27 miles per US gallon in all-around driving. You will have to do the conversion.

Reply to
badgolferman

Thanks folks, that brings it to approx. 1 L/10 Km which is about the same as my 1993 Mercedes 190E.

To be honest I have only driven a Camry 3.0 V6 so far. Is driving a Camry 2.2 'good' as well?

And another one: does the 3.0 V6 consume much more fuel?

Questions question...I know, but please help me out to make the good selection.

Kind regards, Henk

Reply to
Henri

snip

I remember my mechanic say that the V6 doesn't age as well as the 4 cyl. The longevity of the 4 is better, says he. The 4 gives better fuel consumption, yes and doesn't have as much power but it is more than adequate.

Reply to
Bassplayer12

Thanks for the reply! BTW, is it correct that all 6 cilinder Camry's have automatic gearboxes?

Reply to
Henri

NO. But true today!

Reply to
JH

Sorry i don't understand.....do all 1998 V6 Camrys have automatich gearboxes or don't they.

Reply to
Henri

About 30-32 mpg (Imperial gallon = 4.55L) hiway, 24mpg town. The 5sod manual

1996 5SFE 4 which ran until about 1999 has good power. When overtaking a long semi-trailer doing 100 kph, it goes to 130 kph in 4th pretty effortlessly and I have 171,000 ks on it.

The V6 has more power, but servicing is a little more expensive.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

in US measure my 97 4 cyl gets about 32 MPG on the highway about 24 in town. I think the gas tank is about 18 gallons but even when the guage is way below empty I have never been able to put more than 16.5 gallon in it when filling up.

Reply to
Rob

Mijn camry 1998 automaat rijdt afhankelijk van de omstandigheden gemiddeld 9 a 10 km per liter LPG

Reply to
jan siepelstad

Did you buy it with LPG or did you convert it?

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

I bought it new and had the LPG-installation installed rightaway.

Reply to
jan siepelstad

Bought myself a 1997 Camry 2,2l with 144.something KM's. Very happy man :-)

Reply to
Henri