Corolla 94 differential fluid?

Hi,

The only fluids I've serviced in my Corolla 94 1.6lt, automatic transm.are the brake, engine oil, the coolant and the transmission fluid. Do I need to replace the differential fluid also? How is that done?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Reply to
e_man_online

Usually, the differential fluid is changed with the transmission fluid in a vehicle with a transaxle. If the differential does not have a separate drain and fill port, then its fluid is shared with the transmission.

Reply to
Ray O

If the 94 is like my 92 there is a separate drain and refill point for the differential.

The filler is a bitch to get to.

My transmission guy suggested filling the differential with hypoid oil, which he did. His reasoning is the heat here in Florida is better handled with hypoid oil.

Toyota suggests transmission fluid for the differential.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

============================= Use the recommended fluid. If you want to upgrade, use Mobil 1 synthetic ATF. Use a funnel and 1/2" plastic hose to fill more easily from above.

Reply to
nospampls2002

Thanks Ray, so when the transmission fluid is changed, does the differential gets automatically the fluid replaced or is it necessary to tell the service technician?

Thank you in advance.

Rick

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
Rick

I would not assume that the differential fluid will automatically be changed when the transmission fluid is changed and so one should ask for clarification at the service facility.

If you have had the transmission fluid changed in the past, the service facility probably would list that they worked on the differential fluid if they actually did so.

Reply to
Ray O