Engine Fault Code 1133 and 1135

I took my car to the garage and the codes they got were 1133 and 1135. (This was not a toyota dealership). The mechanic said these codes are unknown.

I have a 1998 Camry

I would highly appreciate if someone can give me information about these codes.

Thanks in advance

-M

Reply to
Miraz

According to my 1997 Haynes manual:

1133 is air/fuel ratio sensor circuit slow response. 1135 is air/fuel ratio sensor heater malfunction. It says that the air/fuel ratio sensor, installed in some california models,. is essentially an oxygen sensor. On another page it says it is on models with auto trans in cal, upstream of the cat converter and it works like an O2 sensor...It tells me to go to chapter 12 which is just electrical diagrams, not much help there.
Reply to
ROBMURR

My OBDII book shows these specific codes for toyota to be P1133 - Air-Fuel Sensor Circuit Response Malfunction P1135 - Air-Fuel Sensor Heater Circuit Response Malfunction JG

Reply to
Jean-Guy Paradis