Fuel Gauge

I have a 92 Camry with a faulty gas gauge. It started to move quickly from

1/4 to empty a few years ago, and now the car takes over 11 gallons when it still reads over a half tank. Do you think this is the sender or the gauge?
Reply to
gjtms

=============== I would suspect the sending unit because that is where you have mechanical movement and potential for wear at the windings. The sending unit is accessed by lifting the rear seat cushion and unbolting the access plate on top of the fuel tank. I once changed the sending unit on an old Toyota truck and the windings were completely worn through. There are resistive windings with a lever that moves over them, so over time, they can wear.

Reply to
Daniel