Genaral info 95 Camry

  1. No, I was talking about the strut rods that links to the rear hub like the front lower control arm (but the rear does not support rotation). There are bushings there.

Picture #10 is a strut rod as well as two of them in the top picture next to the hubs.

This looks like a dealer-only item. Strut rod bushings are available for some cars you just press them out, but I didn't see any on rockauto.com or partsamerica.com

So if the ride height suggests bad springs, then these strut rods are about done too (and the stabilizer links too).

  1. The stablizer links are bars with small ball joints that tie the stabilizer bar and the struts. One for each end of the stabilizer bar/ strut. There are specific tests to see if the ball joints rotation freely enough. But I suppose Pszemol will let us know if the stabilizer links fixed the one-way sway or not.

Here is a picture of a stabilizer link:

  1. Some struts do have cheaper inserts (cartridges) and you have to add ATF or specified oil to help cooling. Otherwise the oil oxidizes and thicken. You'll get a stiff strut. But if the plain (non-insert) strut is available aftermarket you can use those too, saves an extra step of replacing the insert if anyone cares.
Reply to
johngdole

Thanks for the great information. I have not had to deal with the back yet, but I probly will soon. These cars are well made & worth keeping even with alot of mileage, mine has 205k on it. Only had to change the frame to swaybar bushing in the back. Thanks again.

[...]

odyssey