Labor time for Waterpump R&R

What is the labor time to R&R a waterpump on a 1987 Toyota Camry Sedan.

It would be the water pump with the housing.

Also the timing belt will be replace too. I believe the the belt needs to be removed for this job so there shouldn't be additional labor.

If anyone has access to ALl Data or the Factory labor times that woulld be a great help.

Also I heard that All Data times are on the high side?

Reply to
Tube Audio
4 cyl/3.2 6cyl/3.1
Reply to
thenitedude

MOD says 3.6

+.2 for cruise control +.1 for oil cooler interference +.2 per pulley if your doing oil seals hope this helps, Ben
Reply to
ben91932

I don't know, but if you were in Wheeling WV I could do it at home for you. As I need the work. Shops around here are getting $60.00 to $80.00 an hour. Tony

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

Using the average of the books I can access looks like 3.5 hours.

Reply to
Steve W.

I have done a bunch of these. I always urge the customer to do be thorough, and replace the w/p, t/belt, oil seals, drive belts and change the oil and filter, coolant and t/stat and hoses as necessary. Cuts way down on comebacks and I end up with happier customers. I usually charge 4.5 hours. hth, Ben

Reply to
ben91932

AS most all that has to come off anyway, it is a good idea. I had about the same thing done when I had the timing belt changed on my 1919 Camry. Not much more labor and not that much in parts if the mechanic does not try to charge for additional labor to replace things he has to take off anyway.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery