Heater Not Working on Driver Side

I noticed that the heat was coming out warm and kept putting it on at a higher level, and still I felt cool breeze on my legs when I set it to come from the under dash vent while driving. Once home, I noticed it was very mildly warm from the vent under the driver dash but quite hot on the passenger side at Levels 2 and 3 and also from the vents to the backseat from under the front seats. What could be causing just one of the vents not to provide toasty hot heat?

Reply to
toyodriver

oh boy, thats a good one...did you inspect the vent for any visible blockage? is the air flow strong? I would have thought that the duct work would all be interconnected at some point. What year is the car? that certainly is a good question, but I don't believe I have ever heard anything like that before...i hope you can get it it sorted out! good luck

Reply to
karl Zadeh

It's a 2000 Camry. I don't know much about cars except how much the various repairs cost me (I don't do my own work). I figured I'd ask before taking it in to a shop so I don't get snowed over. I couldn't get in under the dash so I tried looking with a mirror and had a clear view of the vent on the passenger side (the one that's working fine) but had less success on the driver's side where all those wires upside down were making me dizzy.

Thank you for the reply.

Reply to
toyodriver