How do I adjust my handbrake cable

I have a 1990 toy corolla stationwagon and the handbrake needs adjustment. I just installed new shoes and drums.....and I have two problems....the handbrake is only holding on one side (I think the cable must be let go of the bracket inside the drum) and two I need to adjust the handbrake....how do I?

thanks

Reply to
Devils Advocate

Best to get a Haynes manual for your car. All handbrake cables are adjustable length wise: shorter inner cable = more action less vice-versa. Usually there are adjusters under the car on the cable mounts for overall length and equal operation for both wheels. If one side is ineffectual,...it sounds as tho the brake-shoe clearance adjuster has not been adjusted for that drum,...once again a manual is needed.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James