Keyless entry beep on 2003 Camry

I finally got to the car to beep when locking or unlocking the doors. It is a faint, high frequency beep barely audible outside on a noisy parking lot. The beep is also supposed to warn me if I try to lock the car with a door not completely closed but again perhaps only superhumans with superhearing can hear it. Is there anyway that I can get it sound the horn or beep at a higher volume? Is there an after market beeper which I could install? Thanks, Nathan

Reply to
Nathan Gutman

Sounds fine on my 2002 Camry LE V6. Not to sound rude, but perhaps you are loosing your hearing?

Check the Camry Owners Manual as there is a chapter on keyless entry programming.

Reply to
Car Guy

Nathan. not withstanding the other poster who replied, (he is talking about a

2002 camry)You are right, it is WAY TOO quiet, and that goes along with turn signals that are also VERY quiet because TOYOTA in their infinite wisdom decided to bury the turn signal relay under insulation and a plastic cover. But enough ranting... the Wiring diagram shows it(they call it Keyless Buzzer)hooked up to the body ECU , and has a White/Black and a Blue wires going to it. I don't know where it is located, but I think the ECU is behind the glove box. I suppose that you can do some research as to what(kind of voltage) operates this buzzer, and replace it with a relay that in turn could drive a louder indicator like a horn. JerryR
Reply to
JerryR

I think the reason Toyota went with a quiet turn signal and quieter door chimes is to keep sound levels down. What Toyota should do is put a alarm that if the turn signal stays on for longer then 3 min, a chime should warn the driver. My 2001 Buick Century has this feature and I confess, I have forgotten the turn signal at times.

Reply to
Car Guy