How do I find the Actual Cash Value of my Camry?

My 2000 Toyota Camry was just totaled in the last few days.

If my residence is Southern California, can you recommend a web site for determining what the settlement might be from my insurance company (GEICO).

For example, is Fair Market Value (FMV) different from Actual Cash Value (ACV)? A Google search suggested (but was ambiguous) about whether most states use ACV or FMV.

One final question based on the web site for Kelly Blue Book.

I was able to find the Blue Book Retail Value (when sold by a dealer) and the Blue Book Private Party Value (when sold by a private party). Can either of these be used as FMV (or ACV)?

Thank you for your time.

Michael T.

Reply to
Michael T

You should get what it takes to replace the vehicle, minus your deductible.............work for your money. do lots of newspaper ads and other types of ads showing what the asking price for an equal vehicle is, then submit them all to the insurance company as fair market value in your area. That is pretty much what you lost , replced at what it costs to replace it...........isn't it?

that cost may not be what you owe (if any) or payed for the car, but what it takes ot replace it.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Sorry to hear about your car. i know some would go by NADA value - the deductible.

Reply to
skewe