How replace the Pass Seat Belt Anchor '99 V6`

Do I have to remove the front pass seat? It's an XLE and the pass seat is powered. The tongue of the belt won't lock into the anchor unless you hold the release button down while inserting the tongue.

Any thoughts? Any long term recalls?

Thanks,

Norm

Reply to
Father Guido

Front seat belts in the 99 Camry are a pain in the ass. Toyota replaced mine once under warranty as the retraction was VERY weak. The new ones worked long enough for the warranty to run out, now one has to carefully thread them back into the retractors else they get caught in the door frames.

Reply to
Sharx35

Reply to
johngdole

It may be covered. My 1979 MGB is covered for the seatbelt. I got a recall notice for my seatbelts about 4 years ago from the NTSB. The problem is that MG no longer exsits in the U.S. It was reborn, a part of Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation, but there ar no U.S. dealers.

Reply to
Fred C. Dobbs

Hi, it's done. Just a followup for anyone who cares.

The dealer wouldn't replace it under any extended warranty, they said if it was 8 years, or 100K miles they'd consider it. My car is a 1999 with 195K km (~120K miles).

So I bought the seat belt anchor for $37CDN (probbly < $20US), anyway I had to remove the front passenger seat, which turned out to be very simple, just four easily reachable bolts. Next I unscrewed the old anchor from the seat and replaced it with the new one. The whole operation took less than an hour, not counting the time to drive to the dealer and back twice (They don't carry many parts at the dealer and so I needed to special order and then pick up). I'm glad I did it myself as I probably saved $100CDN ($0.47¢ US).

Norm

Reply to
Father Guido