how to remove flourescent dye?

I used green leak detector on my Camry some time ago, now I want to put a little refrigerant and dye in it again.....but I need to completely remove the dye--- it is all over beneath the compressor because of a large leak. I see you can get special dye cleaner/removers....but is it necessary? will something like gasoline or varsol remove it?

Reply to
geronimo

Acetone or MEK Be careful with these solvents because you can easily get a fire. Also, keep off your skin.

Reply to
Clay