LE V6 or Inline 4

I am debating on whether getting a 2004 LE V6 or Inline 4.
Besides the obvious differnece of the engines, the V6 has 4 disc brake and 5
speed auto trasmission. Are these two extra features make the V6 safer and a smoother ride than the inline 4?
Also, are the Camrys make of galvanized steel? Is the dealer's rust proof package recommended for Toronto, Canada owners?
Thanks
Hello Jerry,
Welcome fellow Torontonian.
I own a 2002 Camry LE V6 and I drove both the 4 Cyl and the V6 and bought the V6 because of the increased smoothness, refinement, power, and the 4 wheel disc brakes. I would suggest you drive the exact model you want both LE as the tires and vehicle dynamics may be different in the different models. Also, the 2004 Camry LE V6 has the Power Seat option which I would recommend as well as the Moon Roof option. I wanted to get Power Seats, Moon Roof and the JBL sound system but that was only available on the XLE back in 2002 and costed about $6K more. Not worth it in my books. Now I think the different with the power seats and sunroof on the LE is $2K MSRP or about $1500 cost. Well worth it I would say.
I doubt a mid priced car like a Camry is galvanized steel. Mercedes S class or Audi perhaps. As for dealer rust proofing, I went with the Symtech dealer rust proofing because it was a 12 year rust proofing that is done every 2 years. In retrospect, I would have not taken the dealer rust proof but gone to Krown Rust Control or Rust Check for their annual drippy rust proofing. This has been rated the best in Canada.
If you are not a member of the APA (www.apa.ca), I would suggest you become a member as they can get you dealer cost and save you good money on the car and offer top dollar on your trade (if applicable). I saved about $1600 on my Camry and got $500 more for my trade of my Ford Taurus.
The APA works with Ken Show Lexus/Toyota so I would suggest you get the dealer cost and email EVERY Toyota dealer in the GTA for the best price for the model and color you want. I did that and found my vehicle in Milton.
Let me know if I can be of help.

5
and
Thanks Car Guy for your advice.
I am inclined to get the V6 because of the increase smoothness.
About the power seat and moonroof package, I like the power seat because I used to the same feature of my previous Sable. It was particully useful for me because I am sharing the car with my wife.
I am not too crazy about the moonroof someone said it may weaken the structure of the car. Any opinion on this?
I can get the Camry through a auto broker at very resonable price. Have you heard any horror stories about buying cars from brokers instead of Toyota dealers?

and
proof

safer
The 6 is smoother but if you do your own maintennance the 4 is easier to maintain

5
and
Jerry;
For safety, you can get the optional side airbags and curtain airbags package, which is available on the 4cyl and V6.
You can get the Vehicle Stability Control w/Traction Control on the V6 only. This is a great system, and I have it and tested it myself many times on my SE, to my satisfaction. Traction control comes in handy when you're stuck on that snowy parking spot, assuming of course you have good tires, not those sucky Bridgestone Turanzas or Potenzas that sometimes come with the car.
ABS is available on 4cyl, standard on V6. Also very useful system.
Yes, the V6 is much smoother and more capable.
Rust package; I don't see why you would need it except if you live in an extremely harsh environment. I live in chicago where winter is really harsh; add to it the salt on the roads. In 2 years I have *not* noticed rust on the car including the under-carriage except the normal rusting of the exhaust pipe.
--Ibrahim

Ibrahim,
The option packages you mention are not available individually in Canada. To get the side airbags and other options, one needs to get a package that gives you that and stuff that one may or may not want.
I guess in the US with 10x the market, you have more selection.

and 5

and
proof
Car Guy;
Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply the options could be gotten individually. In fact if you go to www.buyatoyota.com (US) there are only 3 option packages available for the LE V6. So you are kind of stuck if you are too specific in the options you want. You either end up getting stuff you don't want, or getting nothing at all.
:)
--Ibrahim