Re: Camry ´92 does not start

When my 92' 4 cylinder timing belt broke, the engine turned over twice as fast when you turned the key and made a much higher whining sound.

I have a Camry ´92 3VZFE V6 automatic. I was driving at a speed of > 60mph/105km when I realized that the engine had died. I shifted the > car to neutral and stopped the car. The cooling water boiled so after > waiting for it to cool down I put in more coolant to replace the 1,5 > litre that was lost. > But know the car will not start - the starter seems to do its job but > the engine does not start - its totally dead. My guess is the timing > belt has gone - it was changed at 100.000km/60.000miles and the car > has 195.000km/119.000miles on it now. > How can I tell if the timing belt is broken? Or does this sound like > something else?
Reply to
BLimey

Cus the timing belt also drives the water pump. I've heard of water pumps seizing up and taking the timing belt with them. Hopefully it shut right down before it really overheated the engine and damaged the head/block. I'd consider replacing the water pump at the same time if it wasn't done the first time around.

Reply to
Wolfgang