Manual

Dear gang, I am trying to find an after market service manual (Chiltons, ETC,) for my 02 camry. I have'nt been able to find one at book stores/amazon. Is one available? I don't think I want the "toyota shop manual" because I am not that advanced. Just doing simple repairs/maintence.

Thanks.

Please remove diespam from my Email to respond. Jason

"The Shape of a society must depend on the ethical nature of the individual and not on any political system, however apparently logical or respectable." William Golding

Reply to
Jason Murray

I have searched thoroughly for the Chilton manual and the Haynes manual both on the Web and in stores, and I can say with certainty that none has been published. Not sure why they haven't published one for a car as popular as the 2002 Camry, but let's hope one will be forthcoming. The Toyota shop manual consists of two volumes and costs more than $100.

Reply to
WrongNote

The information contained in a single focus factory manual will far exceed the general overviews of a multi brand book such as Chilton and Haynes. It is *worth* *it* to have the specific Camry manual for your year of car when you anticipate needing diagnostic codes, wiring harnass diagrams, A/C - heating diagrams, and transmission information. $100 bucks for both books is a pretty fair (common) price.

Reply to
Philip®

I am very basic in what I plan to do. I have'nt changed the oil or been under a car in 20 years. I am just looking for the basics of maintenence and most basic repairs. I have read the factory manuals can be difficult to follow for people in my situation as they are so advanced. Is this true?

Thanks.

Remove diespam from my name to respond Jason

Reply to
Jason Murray

Then in all probability, a Haynes book would suffice.

Reply to
Philip®