Missing Camry Options

For the past 16 years I have been a faithful Toyota owner (1 Camry, 1 Prizm, and 1 Pickup). I'm hoping this year to purchase my second Camry. This one will be the SE. Two options I wish a Camry would come with is 1) Remote starting and 2) OnStar. Nothing worse then going to the car in the winter in my companies parking lot to a cold car. OnStar I know is for GM owners, but to me its the icing on anyone purchasing a car with safety in mind. Also, if the door is locked and I forget the keys in the car, bam its open.

Tony

Reply to
AHJ

~For the past 16 years I have been a faithful Toyota owner (1 ~Camry, 1 Prizm, and 1 Pickup). I'm hoping this year to purchase my ~second Camry. This one will be the SE. Two options I wish a Camry ~would come with is 1) Remote starting and 2) OnStar. Nothing worse then ~going to the car in the winter in my companies parking lot to a cold ~car. OnStar I know is for GM owners, but to me its the icing on anyone ~purchasing a car with safety in mind. Also, if the door is locked ~and I forget the keys in the car, bam its open. _____________________________________________ only if your cell isn't in the car , maybe not too bad if it's in the company parking lot, but if you were out in the boonies fishing... ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ~ ~Tony

Reply to
Father Guido

AHJ wrote: || For the past 16 years I have been a faithful Toyota owner (1 || Camry, 1 Prizm, and 1 Pickup). I'm hoping this year to purchase my || second Camry. This one will be the SE. Two options I wish a Camry || would come with is 1) Remote starting and 2) OnStar. Nothing worse || then going to the car in the winter in my companies parking lot to a || cold car. OnStar I know is for GM owners, but to me its the icing || on anyone purchasing a car with safety in mind. Also, if the door || is locked and I forget the keys in the car, bam its open. || || Tony

Why pay thousands for Onstar when a $50 call to a locksmith will remedy it? How OFTEN does anyone lock their keys in the car?

Reply to
Liberalsareliars

As Far As I know, OnStar is not available yet to Toyota owners. But a Remote start is available from many places aftermarket and are very reliable when installed properly.

OnStar is available in many other model cars too, one example is Saab.........Yeah, Saab...........Go figure. My company has the repair contracts on most of the OnStar products available,...........maybe all of 'em. We are certainly the largest of the Re-man centers for them. There is talk of Onstar becoming available as a "universal Unit" in the future. So keep your ears open.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Saab is now owned by GM.

Reply to
Mark A

I forgot to add that On-Star is a wholly owned subsidiary of GM.

Reply to
Mark A

No manufacturer offers remote starting. This is an aftermarket only device.

Reply to
Viperkiller

This statement is kinda untrue,.............not completely false, but that's a statement of an incoplete nature.

Ford actually does offer a Remote start system to add to Ford Cars/trucks. It is a ford labled product. It does not however , come installed from the factory. It is ONLY AVAILABLE AFTERFACTORY. It is even covered by Fords 3yr 36k mile warranty once installed. If done by a Ford Authorized installer................So it is true they are not offered from the factory. But they are offered by a manufacturer.

Now, to add to this silly nit picking that I Have just thrown out there, the unit/s that are offered by Ford are not manufactured by Ford. They are Built by CODEALARM..........A very well known company that builds lots of models of automotive security and convenience pieces.

My company has actually installed the Ford units on Toyotas in the past, so I imagine they could be adapted to the later model Toyotas also.This is only an assumption, as I am aware of some minor issues from the last ones I remember being involved with a couple or three years back..............Call Codealarm and ask 'em what they have come up with..............it's worth a shot anyway.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Not true, Chevrolet offers it on Malibus, and Pontiac on G6s. For example, from

"Remote vehicle starter system, included in key fob"

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Dodge offers it now, too.

And I believe On-Star can be added also.

Reply to
hachiroku

I stand corrected.

--

   ~Philip.
Reply to

First time I opened up an Explorer with Factory Security I was surprised as hell to see the same box I had installed in my Corolls sitting there! I actually like Codealarm; very easy to install.

Reply to
hachiroku

Easy to install = Easy to get around, theftwise.

I rather enjoyed years ago , Clifford Brand alarms. They are now owned by the guys that build Viper brand........DEI or Directed Electronics.

Nowadays I probably would only buy to add conveniences to my car. Things like the Remote start feature...........Alarms are all generally either cheap , easy to bypass/disable, or way too expensive for me to care that much for good ones and even they are not Theft proof. I just repaired an audio system a week ago that had over $7,000.00 worth of audio video/nav stuff in it and they used a midgrade ( high end to most of the people) alarm and it got nabbed anyway.

Seen "Gone In 60 Seconds"?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®
--
Hachi
"MUADIB®"  wrote in message
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
hachiroku

No great loss, I assure you

I have heard this same story form many people. I am a skeptic. There's a likelihood a thief would actually have better rights anyway, if he sued due to physical damge to him while he attempoted to steal your radio.

It's a cool story though.............