Mobil oil

Hi guy,

I use to change the oil by myself using Mobil (the regular type 5W30), bought it from Costco or Wal-Mart.

Recently when trying to replenish the stock, I had the surprise to find that it totally disappeared off the market. What happened? Has it change the name, or totally discontinued?

Thanks,

James

Reply to
James Atkinson

Who said it is off the market, I dought it is not being made and sold.

Reply to
m Ransley

Mobil has re-labeled all of their oil lines, both regular and synthetic. There are now 2 Mobil 1 synthetics, not even counting the synthetic blend that is newly available, and of course their regular non-synthetic oils. The brand names now include a recommended change interval (5000, 7500, etc) on most of them.

Check out the Mobil website for details.

I don't know why Costco or Wal-Mart does not carry them, but Mobil has been spending a lot more on advertising of the regular (non-synthetic) and synthetic blend oils, so I am sure you can find it somewhere. Or maybe Costco and Wal-Mart are simply out of stock on these items.

Reply to
Mark A

Right, I think 5000 is the new regular oil lablel

Reply to
m Ransley