Noisy Heater Fan Motor

My 1999 Camry's heater fan motor has started roaring. Sounds like bearings are going bad.

I checked with Dealer Service Dept. and they only charge for 1/2 hour labor to change out the fan motor. Total charge is $216 and change. Service Rep. says you do it from inside the car under the dash.

Is it a difficult job to remove and replace the fan motor? Do you have to be atrained Toyota mechanic?

Appreciate any info.

Reply to
Jim Pattillo

Obvious not a difficult job if only 1/2 hour effort. Why not try Advanced Auto or a junk yard --- vice nearly $200 for the part.

bearings

labor

Rep.

Reply to